Disclaimer: Product purchased with my own money. All opinions are my own.
Hi TRC Gang! About a month or so ago, I was asked the following questions about a beauty brand called LipSense. You know like…
Have you heard of LipSense? Have you tried LipSense? What do you think about LipSense?
I love it when you all have product questions. I enjoy sharing my point of view about beauty products, especially ones that my audience/tribe has a curiosity about. I have seen this product all over social media and it claims to be kiss proof, water proof, and last for a ridiculously long time. So, I set out to get my hands on this lippie. You can purchase this item from someone who is a distributor of the products. First off, this product is very expensive in my opinion. I purchased the $55 starter kit and chose the brown nude shade Cappuccino. So, does it really work? Does it dry out your lips? Would I buy it again? Keep reading!
The starter kit comes with your choice of lip color, gloss and remover. Once you have those, you can purchase additional lip colors and the different glosses. There are 70 lip shades in a variety of finishes as well as 10 different glosses that range from matte, glossy, iridescent, to glitter! I was super excited about glitter gloss. Y’all know I love some glitter!
When applying LipSense, there is a magic number and it is “3”. I found that applying 3 thin layers, making sure to let each one dry in between gives you the perfect pigmentation on your lips. For the first application, there may be a slight tingle. The product contains a cosmetic grade alcohol which can sting some and give a cooling feeling as it evaporates. However, I noticed that the sensation was less noticeable on the second day.
Once your 3 coats are dry, you simply apply your gloss of choice. This step is what makes your lips feel moisturized and gives them that oh so lush juicy look. You will not experience a dry, matte feel when using the gloss with the lip color. The first time I applied the gloss to my lips, I was floored that none of brownish tan color came off on the lip gloss applicator. Amazing!
- Overall, the lip color formula is good. It can be thin and streaky if you don’t apply 3 coats. Please note, many have said that the opacity can vary with the colors as well.
- The burning sensation could be uncomfortable for some people. The gloss is a must for this product. Without the it, the lip color feels dry.
- The wear of this product is very impressive. I was truly outdone! It really lasted through frappes, a burger, sipping water in meetings, rubbing, and drinks with friends. No transfer at all!
- The scent of the lip color was ok. The glosses are unscented and the remover smells so pleasant, like vanilla. I love the scent of vanilla!
- I would not wear LipSense everyday because I do enjoy reapplying my lip color!
- The initial investment of $55 is very expensive for my taste, but once you have gloss, you can purchase additional colors for $25. This is still steep, but since you will only have to apply once a day, it maybe economical for some.
- Even though I like this product, I do not see myself buying it again. I can get a regular lippie and be happy.
Do I recommend LipSense?
Yes I do. This product definitely works. I have tried some long lasting lip products in my day, but none as long lasting like this one. You just have to keep reapplying the gloss to keep it feeling moisturized. I really like that it’s vegan, lead-free and cruelty free which are huge pluses in my book. So, if you don’t mind spending the money, I say grab it!